We understand that the more competent a carer is, the more likely they are to be able to provide the level of care we expect. At Laurels care we feel that training our staff as thoroughly as possible is crucial to our success.
We Provide Proper trainings for:
- -   Health & Safety
- -   Risk Assessment Health & Safety
- -   Moving & Handling Theory
- -   Moving & Handling Assessments
- -   Moving & Handling Practical
- -   Fire Safety
- -   Emergency First Aid
- -   Effective Hand Hygiene (including Infection Control Induction Exercises)
- -   Medication
- -   Security covered in Health & Safety
When we employ a new carer they undergo a comprehensive training schedule where they are educated in all mandatory aspects such as manual moving and handling, first aid, food hygiene, challenging behaviour and health and safety. We also provide training based on the recommendations from the Care Quality Commision (CQC).
Our Homecare Managers monitor and review all carers regularly to check performance and ensure that communication channels are maintained throughout the company.